Does JNT have liability insurance?
Where can i get a legal description?
What are the table "A" options for an ALTA/ASCM survey?
OPTIONAL SURVEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFICATIONS
NOTE: The twenty (20) items of Table A may be negotiated between the surveyor and client. Any additional items negotiated between the surveyor and client shall be identified as 21 (a), 21 (b), etc, and explained pursuant to Section 6.0. ii. (g). Notwithstanding Table A Items 5 and 11, if an engineering design survey is desired as part of an ALTAINSPS Land Title Survey, such services should be negotiated under Table A, Item 21.
If checked, the following optional items are to be included in the AL TAINSPS LAND TITLE SURVEY, except as otherwise qualified (see note above):
1. _____ Monuments placed (or a reference monument or witness to the corner) at all major corners of the boundary of the property, unless already marked or referenced by existing monuments or witnesses in close proximity to the corner.
2. _____ Address(es) of the surveyed property if disclosed in documents provided to or obtained by the surveyor, or observed while conducting the fieldwork.
3. _____ Flood zone classification (with proper annotation based on federal Flood Insurance Rate Maps or the state or local equivalent) depicted by scaled map location and graphic plotting only.
4. _____ Gross land area (and other areas if specified by the client).
5._____ Vertical relief with the source of information (e.g., ground survey, aerial map), contour interval, datum, and originating benchmark identified.
6. _____ (a) If set forth in a zoning report or letter provided to the surveyor by the client, list the current zoning classification, setback requirements, the height and floor space area restrictions, and parking requirements. Identify the date and source of the report or letter.
7. _____ (a) Exterior dimensions of all buildings at ground level.
(b) Square footage of:
_____ (1) exterior footprint of all buildings at ground level.
_____ (2) other areas as specified by the client.
_____ (c) Measured height of all buildings above grade at a location specified by the client. If no location is specified, the point of measurement shall be identified.
8. _____ Substantial features observed in the process of conducting the fieldwork (in addition to the improvements and features required pursuant to Section 5 above) (e.g., parking lots, billboards, signs, swimming pools, landscaped areas, substantial areas of refuse).
9. _____ Number and type (e.g., disabled, motorcycle, regular and other marked specialized types) of clearly identifiable parking spaces on surface parking areas, lots and in parking structures. Striping of clearly identifiable parking spaces on surface parking areas and lots.
10. _____ (a) As designated by the client, a determination of the relationship and location of certain division or party walls with respect to adjoining properties (client to obtain necessary permissions).
_____ (b) As designated by the client, a determination of whether certain walls are plumb (client to obtain necessary permissions).
11. _____ Location of utilities existing on or serving the surveyed property as determined by:
Note to the client, insurer, and lender- With regard to Table A, item 11, source information from plans and markings will be combined with observed evidence of utilities pursuant to Section 5. E iv. to develop a view of the underground utilities. However, lacking excavation, the exact location of underground features cannot be accurately, completely, and reliably depicted. In addition, in some jurisdictions, 811 or other similar utility locate requests from surveyors may be ignored or result in an incomplete response, in which case the surveyor shall note on the plat or map how this affected the surveyor's assessment of the location of the utilities. Where additional or more detailed information is required, the client is advised that excavation and/or a private utility locate request may be necessary.
12. _____ As specified by the client, Governmental Agency survey-related requirements (e.g., HUD surveys, surveys for leases on Bureau of Land Management managed lands).
13. _____ Names of adjoining owners according to current tax records. If more than one owner, identify the first owner's name listed in the tax records followed by "et al."
14. _____ As specified by the client, distance to the nearest intersecting street.
15. _____ Rectified orthophotography, photogrammetric mapping, remote sensing, airborne/mobile laser scanning and other similar products, tools or technologies as the basis for the showing the location of certain features (excluding boundaries) where ground measurements are not otherwise necessary to locate those features to an appropriate and acceptable accuracy relative to a nearby boundary. The surveyor shall (a) discuss the ramifications of such methodologies (e.g., the potential precision and completeness of the data gathered thereby) with the insurer, lender, and client prior to the performance of the survey, and (b) place a note on the face of the survey explaining the source, date, precision, and other relevant qualifications of any such data.
16. _____ Evidence of recent earth moving work, building construction, or building additions observed in the process of conducting the fieldwork.
17. _____ Proposed changes in street right of way lines, if such information is made available to the surveyor by the controlling jurisdiction. Evidence of recent street or sidewalk construction or repairs observed in the process of conducting the fieldwork.
18. _____ If there has been a field delineation of wetlands conducted by a qualified specialist hired by the client, the surveyor shall locate any delineation markers observed in the process of conducting the fieldwork and show them on the face of the plat or map. If no markers were observed, the surveyor shall so state.
19. _____ Include any plottable offsite (i.e., appurtenant) easements or servitudes disclosed in documents provided to or obtained by the surveyor as a part of the survey pursuant to Sections 5 and 6 (and applicable selected Table A items) (client to obtain necessary permissions).
20. _____ Professional Liability Insurance policy obtained by the surveyor in the minimum amount of $_____ to be in effect throughout the contract term. Certificate of Insurance to be furnished upon request, but this item shall not be addressed on the face of the plat or map.
21. _____ ___________________________________________________________________
Adopted by the Board of Governors, American Land Title Association, on October 8, 2015.
American Land Title Association, 1800 M St., N. W, Suite 300S, Washington, D.C. 20036-5828.
Adopted by the Board of Directors, National Society of Professional Surveyors, on October 9, 2015.
National Society of Professional Surveyors, Inc., 5119 Pegasus Court, Suite Q, Frederick, MD 21704.
©2014 JNT Land Survey Services, INC. Website created by The Sterling Group.